Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #45
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
we traded this coach in on a new pacearrow diesel pusher...even though I knew I would hate it ,wife loved the idea...here's freight liners reply to my questions...my coach rides real ruff on bumpy roads, and best I get is 9mpg plus def...pulling my trailer... I can only go 40 mph up 6% grades..

freightliner...you don't have the coach loaded enough, need to load it to GVWR to get anykind of ride... but, if you want it to ride smooth, pick smoother roads to travel on...and if you want fuel to last longer... stay in the campground longer...

so I traded it in on a Winnebago intent...29l....I worked a solid 3 weeks on it...finally got it where we wanted , but … the little queen bed wasn't cutting it... some wizard decided to put the furnace right next to the headboard...every time the heater kicked on.... wide awake...and everytime I would finally dose off again... bam... heater back on... horrible , got about 5 mins sleep all night long...so the new quest... find a small coach, king bed, and 2 roof ac's...and a little better quality build...

nightmare on my street...I traded in my intent for a 29ds fr3... when it showed up.... holy moly,... what a pile...driver said she didn't think it was gonna make it to my house with out falling apart...so I refused delivery,.. all the dealer had was my 1000 credit card deposit,... but I knew they would take care of me....

so the hunt was on.... I'm about 3'' shorter from climbing in and out of rv's

so we were at a dealer, they had the 29m... and the 27b side by side... wife and I spent all day comparing the two...the big don't like was the fold up bed.... but it is king size, and you can fold it up in seconds with the bedding on....the mattress folds in the middle and doesn't come apart,, I tow an enclosed trailer, and the don't like of the 29 m was the big over hang... for me. the sitting in the 27b is way better and the tv is placed better... the 27b has a bigger dept side and it really opens up, wife likes the kitchen area better...

so in talking... we decided that the most time you are in the rv is sleeping,,,,the king bed is a must..the 27 b comes with an option to get 50 amp and 2 ac's.... but, the only one we found was 25k more and they wouldn't budge...so I have one coming tomorrow with one ac, my idea is this... if it's too hot out during the day... the 27b has a dividing wall in the center... we could just close off the back and open the roof vent back there... hopefully that will work,,,but,.. we use the coach most in the winter to off road the rzr's we have... so keeping warm is more of a concern...

I am wondering if thor per wired the vent for a second ac??? a 4 k will run the second ac with power shed... but, I would put the 5.5kw and add an 18,000 btu...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum