Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #24
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Norrirn, thanks for the recommendation. I hear you. During our most recent 2018 camping season I had started leaving a window ajar when we left the coach, but secretly hoping each time that I would not have to do a batman imitation in scaling the coach wall to get inside again, should the door latch fail to open. It would be a horrific scene to behold and my wife would of course be taking home movies on her phone of me trying to get through a window for the future “joy and amusement” of anyone who cares to watch the spectacle unfold. From what I had been reading on older previous posts specifically on the latch failure, it seemed that typical replacement latches also had cast metal latch parts that can and do also fail. Can you advise on which door latch part number/source you used for your solution? Did it require major changes to the strike plate and pins?

Regarding the wiper recall, please let us know if your Dealer will tell you the specific details on the actual wiper failure mechanism; or what we mere mortals (the customers) can inspect ourselves prior to a formal Dealer visit on this recall. Our coach is currently parked for the Winter so it won’t be going anywhere until probably May 2019. Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.