Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 04:31 AM   #33
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
[QUOTE=danlo;159024]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
I cannot seem to find any discussions on this.
What did you do?

We have gotten into our first driveable RV within the last six months.
It is a 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H.

Traveling down the road, and the way the whole coach rocks, depending on road, or other conditions, things in the cabinet, like cans of food, hit the cabinet door and fall out to the floor.
Even the pantry slide out has opened up so, that we now cinch it closed, lol.
We have used small bungies to hook between two different door handles.

The drawers are never an issue but, the cabinet doors feel like they should be strong enough until once on the road, low and behold.

We installed wood slats as bumpers on the inside of the opening and so far it seems to work.
We surely did not want to ugly it up screwing in eye hooks where needed.

Anyone else had to deal with this?
What did you do?[installed flat magnets with hole in center to screw in.
Get a bag of thick rubber bands if you are cheap like me. You can use the rubber straps you buy in the RV stores or you can make up a bunch of velcro straps for the doors. I've owned three different brands of RV and the doors coming loose is a common problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum