Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Hrd View Post
I don’t want to connect it to the battery directly. I was curious if i can connect it with a lamp lplug and plug it in the outlet with the refrigerator
Can I ask WHY you don't want to connect it directly to the RV 12 volts?
That would be the best 12v supply to use in my opinion - not dependent on anything beyond the use/store switch (unless you wire it to 'hot' side of that switch) and the least loss from conversion.

To plug into to outlet with refrigerator (on the 35M - at least current model - shows a residential 110v fridge) would mean when not on shore power you will be taking 12v DC, inverting to 110v AC to plug in a 'brick' transformer to convert back to 12v DC...

As for 'connecting with a lamp plug' - the outlet for the fridge is 110v AC... the Winegard Connect needs 12v DC - so must use a transformer with 110v AC input and 12v DC output.

I run anything possible off 12v directly - including wifi routers, Mobley hotspot, aux TV, etc...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.