Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 03:46 AM   #28
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerChips View Post
About the wiper problem: switching to a slightly shorter blade is probably a smart move. The whole problem is due to the tremendous force needed to rotate the huge wipers. If you stand in front of the vehicle with a hose to wet the windshield and watch the wiper post wobble as the arms swish back and forth you will note the posts tend to tilt off center rather than stay stationary in their position. All that torque required to move the blades against the windshield is overloading the mechanism and the mount to the fiberglass decking. As some have stated, the wiper mechanism can actually be forced beyond its limit and wind up 180 degrees out of position hanging down toward the ground as it swishes back and forth for the passenger side. The drivers side may go beyond the windshield and go off the side and get hung on the drivers side mirror. For a while I thought it was a freak thing on MY RV....who ever heard of such a thing? After being on the forum for a while it appears to be one of the top 25 things to happen on a Thor coach.
Yeah, mine did that too. First time had it fixed, then figured out before leaving on a trip to Clean and Rain-ex the windshield. After three days of travel I clean and Rain-ex it again. And wouldn't you know, when I had to use the wipers in a rain storm...yep they did it again. Maybe I otter get smaller wipers?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum