Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #18
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
a/c

When you try to run the a/c does the compressor clutch engage?
I'm not sure of fords but almost all a/c clutch fuses are 10amp and would be in the fuse box with all of the oem ford fuses.
If you can find someone with a good quality scan tool (I have the snap on)
but I can bypass all switches and sensors and engage the compressor to rule out a bad compressor clutch, wiring, fuses and the only thing left would be either low on Freon or either the low or high pressure sensor which can be read with the scan tool, get your vin number and call any ford service dept and ask how much Freon the system is supposed to have in it.
So the only problem left is how much is in the system, if you know anyone with a a/c recycling machine most shops dealers and small shops would have them ask the to pull out all the Freon see how much you get, I would put some a/c dye in the system first and recharge it and run it for awhile then look for the dye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
Where does it switch over?

I read on this attached thread that it can be either a THOR snafu from mis-wired "purple" wires, or a defective cycling switch etc... In any case, this CAB AC issue seems to be widespread. Hence, it's obvious a THOR cause, since so many AXIS' have been having the same issue.

I have to admit it, guys, I DEEPLY REGRET BUYING THIS PIECE OF CRAP! I should have purchased a quality 5th wheel and use my 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins. At least I'd know I'd make it back in one piece...

Aside from the previously documented issues on my brand new Axis, I'm thinking the house batteries are toast. Took 24 hours to charge both 12v batteries, after having been parked for a few days in my RV drivewaywith the store switch off. i had run the generator for an hour last week, so they should have been pretty well charged. If I dont start the generator weekly, its a PITA to start. The same generator in my toyhauler starts right up after 2 months without any issue.

So, back to the AC, I guess I'll have to check the AC clutch fuse first. Anyone know its location? I know, I'll look online, but to be honest, I am getting tired of running into one Thor mistake after another... I'd sell it in a heartbeat if i could.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...axis-3681.html

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum