Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #1379
captrandy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #8654
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Just a quick one today. I ordered a Pro-Fill battery watering device for the chassis battery and installed it today. As usual, Amazon was cheaper than CW, even with the Good Sam Discount.

The install was really simple and took about 15 minutes. The hardest part was getting the old caps off. One went flying down in the engine bay and I never did find it.

I want to do the same for the house batteries, but I wasn't sure there was enough headroom. Having the device in-hand I checked and it should fit fine. I'll be ordering the set for twin batteries soon.

If you order the system don't forget that you have to order the pump separately.

I finished the new "coffee" table today too, but haven't taken it to the coach for pictures. Will post when I can.

Regards,

Randy
Hi Randy,

I am going to be replacing both house and chassis batteries very soon and I saw your posts about the battery fill devices. Very cool idea, as Thor was clever enough to make access to the forward house battery to be in accessible without removing the battery to the rear. The chassis battery is also impossible to fill without removing the computer work table etc.

I have one questions that I hope you can answer. How do you know when you have added the appropriate amount of water without being able to see the water level in each cell?

Thanks for your Posts,

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.