Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 04:16 AM   #14
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalleg View Post
Wow! That is some very impressive work that you have done to your coach. I am struggling with a much smaller project of adding three puck sized LED lights to the bottom of an existing cabinet. There is already some ceiling lights close buy but I just don't know how to tap into the 12v electricity and add a separate switch for the new lights. Are there any web sites/books that you could recommend that may be of help to me?
Thanks
Sorry I haven't replied sooner, just discovered your post. Thanks for your kind comments. I don't have any specific recommendations for you. Any book or Internet source that covers basic automotive wiring, i.e. 12VDC will be helpful. The biggest challenge is finding a path to bring power to a new light. These RVs are not made for retrofitting. You might be better off using battery powered LED lights and resign your self to changing batteries. There is great advice and knowledge available for the asking on this forum. Good luck.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.