Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
I'm sure all the aftermarket additions, make a big improvement in handling,but before you spend all that money on parts, get a quality Alignment done. That way your beginning from a stable, and a correct position to add all your enhancements to.
I took our our 17 Challenger 37TB to a Heavy Truck Suspension Shop and had an Alignment done, and was amazed at the improvement in Handling ! It went from White Knuckle, Constant Steering Imputs, to Tracking Straight down the Lane, HANDS OFF ! Overtaking and Approaching Traffic is barely noticeable now ! It also seems more stable in turns as well.
I talked to the Tech that did my Alignment, and he said it was out of Spec pretty bad, which he said was typically what they see in RVs, as well as Road Tractors. He says both are just "Ball Park" Alligned at the Manufacturer. I still intend to install a Safety Plus Steering Stabilizer for front blow outs.
I would also suggest looking at Sumo Springs as a addon. I added them to the rear, along with Bilstines HD to my 2012 F-350 King Ranch when we had a 5th wheel, it made the unloaded ride in the F-350 almost pleasant, and the loaded ride was even better !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum