Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
fairfieldwizard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #11425
Tank overflow / valve problem?

Hey all, need an opinion... 2014 Thor Hurricane. Status panel shows the fresh water tank is full even though i don't recall filling it.

We're connected to city water and the four position rotating knob is set to "City Fixtures". When I look under the coach, there's a blue tube (presumably a drip tube)- hanging straight down right next to the fresh water tank. It's dripping water pretty steadily. It stops dripping when I turn the fill knob on the coach to "Normal" and turn the city water valve off at the post in my campground spot.

I'm presuming the fresh water tank is full to overflowing. I'm in the process of lowering the level of the water in the fresh water tank by turning the faucet off at the post, turning the knob on the coach to Normal and running the water pump.

Possibly related issue... for the past several weeks, when the water pump is on, I can hear it cycling on for about 2-3 seconds and then off for about 10 seconds. This is even when there's no open faucets in the coach. We're traveling in the Florida Keys so I'm hoping I don't have to have it looked at now.

Anybody have any ideas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.