Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #3802
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
When you have a moment, could you give us all the stats on your monitor mod to include everything!!! LOL
Well, it took a few days, but I found it..
Monitors:
5" video monitors $25 ea. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Connectors: Voyager Camera Connector Division. SKU#31300006 $20 ea.
JensenHeavyDuty.com

The connectors mated to the ones from the cameras, directly. They had 2 Rca video connections and a 12 vdc power connector, each. I made a positive and a negative terminal board to connect a 3 monitors to a single fused (10A) circuit with a switch to turn them off at will. I found a 12vdc switched source to connect to.
I removed the video collector/switcher box and connected each camera to its own monitor, cut, capped, and stowed the trigger wire.
The mount is homemade from aluminum angle and small ell brackets. Modified the plastic cover/glare shield to keep the cabling out of view and to accept mounts.

While I had the dash apart, I cleaned up Thor's ductwork installation by trimming hoses a routing. Removed about 6' ducting in various lengths. Also cut and removed about 4' extra Romex from 120VAC computer outlet on dash.

I haven't gone on a trip yet, but believe this will be better than it was.
I have photos if anyone wants to perform the same mod.

I still don't understand why the defrost air doesn't get strong, but have looked. It seems like the defroster plenum is too big and slows flow to nothing. I'm sure the damper is functioning. So far, this isn't a big problem.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.