Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:23 PM   #17
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Santa said I was good

Here is a picture of my new Progressive Dynamics smart converter. PD 4655 (55 amp).

I might try and install next weekend if all goes well.

It will take a little time since PD wants you to replace the 12v circuit board (It has all of the 12 v fuses on it). The new board has a little button (to change charge mod) and a green led to indicate which charging mod your in. Not sure if I would change much but I guess its nice to check to see what its doing.

Or if I want to charge for only like 2 or 3 hours and I want it on the highest setting I have that option.

I also noticed the new converter has TWO variable speed fans. I bet the OEM only has one fan (and it only know HIGH speed).

I guess I find out when I remove the old one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	14824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5223.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	14825  

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.