Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #112
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Updates:

Ok, after using this system a few time. Two things I have noticed so far:

1). Once the system deploys the jacks initially – it does so two at a time then you have to adjust ONE at a time manually to level the RV (remember my system only has manual mode - not auto level). I was very surprised by this since it deploys two at a time upon startup – not like it don’t have the power for two at the same time.

I thought (Assumed!) you could hold two buttons down (Like LF + RF) at the same time to level the RV manually and evenly - NOPE. I tired this a few diff ways. Only one at a time to level RV.

Since its only ONE JACK at a time so its very herky jerky inside (My wife don’t like to be inside when I do this). So I go have to go back and forth a little at a time (so your not twisting the frame too much + its more stable?).

Not to mention you could crack the front windshield if your twist this RV too much (IMO).

2). The novelty of having the remote control outside (like my picture shows above) gets old real quick (LOL). I installed this way because I was not sure where I wanted to permanently mount on the inside…… plus I thought it might be better to watch them deploy (kinda fun at first – lol).

Well two flaws with this remote on a tether outside:

A). I have to unlock my outside storage to access the remote – not a big deal but it was lightly raining the other day…. So I think inside is better for rain/cold.

B). If you were at like a Wal-Mart Parking lot (sleeping or eating lunch etc) and your leveled but you want to make a QUICK GET AWAY for safety reasons (or some other reason) you will have to go outside and get the remote control first. I Cant close the door on the cord so you have to hold the door closed while holding remote.

Sure I could re-route to the inside where I can close the door but then it will be open during the summer time letting in bugs and my cold AC air out (that is if you want to watch the jacks with the tethered remote control – you could just leave on tether inside but where do you put this 15 + foot cord with remote unless you cut and splice it shorter??).

So I come to the conclusion that its just better to have the control panel hard mounted INSIDE the RV (I guess that’s why 99% of new RV’s are on the Dash (or by the door) .

I think I will mount mine inside the RV to the left of the dash (right next to the cup holder like someone posted above). I plan on installing some toggle switches for other things (in the future) on the right side of the dash next to my right knee.

I’m glad I waited on the permanent install because now I know WHERE I want it located at.

So if your looking at this BF Leveling system you might want to go with Auto level version. It cost more but it might be worth it to you.

My system works just fine for me ….. much better then driving on blocks ….and it was very cheap compared to all other systems I researched on the market.

I hope this helps someone make the proper purchase in the future.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.