Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:56 AM   #8
JJMON

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
From what I have read here and seen in person at CW it looks like most 2018 Thor products are prewired for a solar panel only (at least on the Gas motorhomes I have looked at).

You should find a junction box on the roof (sealed) and orange wires that go to your fuse panel area (not connected - just coiled up). So you would have to add a solar controller and add wiring to your battery(S) to complete the system.

If it a 2019 Thor Gas motorhome it will have everything prewired and a small (10 amp?) solar controler that I beleive is connected to the battery already. So all you should have to do is add one (or two) 100 watt panels to your system and your ready to go. But you are limited to 10 amp (that I have seen) input of solar.

Any Thor product 2017 or older I dont think has any solar setup.

Some of the high end DP may have had solar installs from factory sooner than 2018 (but Im not lucky enough to see them).

check your facts - I may not be 100% correct but this is what I have seen / read.

I hope this helps.
Yes, this helps. Our coach is a 2017. I’m doing research on future upgrades. I know Harbor Freight has a two panel kit that goes on sale for $150. So maybe this would be an option along with the other needed RV components.

Thanks
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum