Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 03:30 AM   #1
LovemyClassC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
Thor Freedom Elite, 2018, 6.8L V10, 30amp service

I have read and re-read this several times and I hope it makes sense:
I have been looking for my Battery Isolator Manager and got in touch with Thor Tech group. They told me I did not have a BMI as described in the manual, they said I had a relay identified as an isolator relay. I told them that I saw it and it accompanied a solenoid. It is in the engine compartment, driver’s side, and underneath the overflow radiator antifreeze holding tank. I carefully suspended the tank and blindly photographed the two devices and retrieved part numbers and manufacturers and some sketchy wiring. So, my present results are as follows: leading from the chassis battery red lead from the positive battery post goes to the large post of the DC contactor solenoid (Trambetta Solenoids – DC Contactor #684-1251-012 to be abbreviated herein as “TS-DC”), the red lead from the positive battery post from the home battery goes to the other large post on the TS-DC; the other two wires (one black and one yellow) go to the other two smaller posts on the TS-DC and a green ground wire connects to the body of the chassis. It is hard to tell what and if any other wires are mixed into the bunch due to space limitations. The TS-DC is accompanied on the further front of the engine compartment some odd 3 inches or so to a Isolator Relay Delay (Intellitec Isolator Relay #00-00629-120 to be abbreviated herein to “IIR”). The relay comes with a red wire, and blue wire, and a black wire and they appear to connect with the TS-DC also). Additionally, on both sides of the TS-DC are a 7.5Amp ATC fuse with holder. Finally, access to the location will require a two or three step ladder as well as the removal of the radiator overflow antifreeze holding tank, a 5/16” socket and other tools, especially some tape and a pen to identify the wires prior to removal and for easy reinstallation. Further, the devices are sold on Amazon; the TS-DC is $31.57, the IIR is $34.50. This is my first look directly at the devices for my Thor and yours maybe different. I will not likely dig in any deeper at this time since it is not broken but now I know another location to go look and check for some battery charging and starting issues if and when they occur. I hope this helps if one finds they were in need of this information.
Please let me know if you find anything that I have identified that is inaccurate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum