Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 12:34 AM   #37
Gorelick78

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #10777
The same thing happened to us this past weekend when camping in the desert. We have a 2015 Hurricane 34J. we were outside, and when we went to get back into the motorhome, LOCKED OUT. i climbed through the driver side window, and began to investigate. had my wife bring me my tools and i took off the inside face plate, to then see that the latch (plunger) was broken. once i got that out and unlocked the deadbolt we were able to open the door. for the rest of the trip, we just used the deadbolt lock to keep the door closed.

I am looking for the right replacement Door lock now, and have come across the Trimark 060-1650. I think this is the right one. has anyone found a BETTER replacement entrance door lock? If not, i feel that this is the only option. I was going to go with a keyless entry lock, but they are more than double in cost, and I worry about the batteries dying and then once again being locked out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.