Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #31
billyabryan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: Illinois
THOR #8569
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMON View Post
I’m curious as to who has solar and how is installed: roof vs ground.

I’m guessing roof mounted would be more popular and possibly more expensive out the gate. You then don’t have something else to ‘set’ up upon arriving.

Do you see a lot of benefits? I don’t see us doing a lot of extended boondocking where I see this would be a benefit.

Thanks
JJMON. I boondock often. The Harbor freight 100 Watt system kit, is cheap and works in sunny and shade. I have 2. I can go for weeks in the S.W. without electrical connections and enjoy 120 volt powered coffee & t.v. daily. And it's portable. Following the Sun a couple times a day. Repackaged in the box and down the road quick and easy. Enjoy. Go big later...
Regards Mr Bill and Roberta lost somewhere in the U.S.A

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum