Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 02:00 AM   #8
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
I had this issue on my Class C Freedom Elite.
I wanted to remove the TV and install it in the bedroom.
I used an inspection mirror and could not see anything because the TV was mounted so close to the wall. I finally used a bore scope camera and was able to see two nuts near the top. These fasteners were almost impossible to access but I was able to get them loose. Still couldn't get the TV to come off.
I finally forced the TV off the wall.
What I discovered was; the TV base plate was fastened to the fiberboard wall with four bolts that were threaded directly into the fiberboard, no inserts. That's why it came off the wall so easy. This is the plate that was mounted to the wall
Click image for larger version

Name:	base plate.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	14928
The part of the mount that was attached to the TV fit into a a spring loaded release lever that was attached to the base plate. However, none of this could be seen with the TV in place. It was at the bottom of the TV.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV Mount.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	14929
The part on the left was screwed to the TV. The part on the right was attached to the base plate with nuts. The tabs on the top of the part on the left fit into slots in the part on the right. The bottom of the part on the left snaps into the silver latch on the part on the right.

The problem with this installation, in my opinion, is to install the TV into this mount, you have to slide the tabs UP into the slots, and then snap the bottom into the latch.

Since you cannot see any of this mechanism, there is no way to know how it works. There is no identification on the parts (p/n's) other than a Made in China sticker.
Also, in my opinion, even if you know how this mechanism is installed, it would be near impossible to access the latch release. A very poor design.
Don't know if this helps or not, but that was my experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.