Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
lmichel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #10644
Xantrex ProSeries 1800 reads low & cuts out

My 2016 Outlaw 37RB came with a Xantrex Pro 1800 inverter installed.
Since new, the voltage has always read a bit low - about 0.5V.

It's not an issue unless I'm boondocking somewhere and the coach batteries are down to about 75%.

At that point, the Xantrex is reading 11.9V but a voltmeter both at the batteries and at the input of the inverter reads ~12.3V. Still no big deal, right?

Well, except that when the residential (never again!) fridge kicks on, the rotor lock draw is significant and momentarily pulls the voltage down on the Xantrex to about 11.6V.

Even though there should be no alarm until 11.0V, the Xantrex throws one single beep and "reboots?" That is; it beeps once, shuts down and immediately restarts. So TVs, Electronics all get shutoff. And this happens about every 20min!

Is there a way for me to configure or adjust the reading on the Xantrex? The website was ZERO help - and I scoured it!
Any other ideas, short of adding more battery? - which I already replaced to have 520Ah.

Anybody ever replace the residential fridge in their Thor MH:
https://www.whirlpool.com/kitchen/re...rt111sfdm.html
with a drop-in multi-mode replacement? What did you replace it with??

Thanks for all your support!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum