Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Dually
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:16 PM   #55
Mr176

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Michigan
THOR #5558
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-bears View Post
Hi Joe,

Yes you can get TPMS system for the trailer for an additional $1500. I looked into it but it wasn't worth $1500 to me considering I already had the TST system.

The TPMS for the truck, as I know right now, just gives you an idiot light on the system screen that a tire has low pressure. I haven't found a screen yet that shows all tire pressures for each tire like one sees with the monitor for the TST system.

The Ford TPMS is really a very very basic warning system. I suspect future trucks, don't know when, will have a better system with a screen to actually see each tire pressure and maybe the temperature.
The trailer tire monitoring system would show individual pressures on the trailer status screen on the dash (I don't have the sensors installed on the trailer so mine is not set up). On the F350 dually, the truck TPMS shows individual tire pressures under the vehicle tab on the dash.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum