Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #21
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Fellow Vet and A.C.E. owner

All of the previous advice is spot on - these are my experiences and recommendations for all things ACE...
1) thorough test drive - if you hear weird squeaks or vibrations, have them checked thoroughly and ask for proof. I complained of a noise and asked them (Camping World) to check the bearings, they said they did and were "fine" but less the 2,000 miles the bearing disintegrated and the front wheel nearly fell off! Took 3 months to get repaired..
2) best bang for buck mods are - "The Cheep Handling Fix" (check IRV2 forum for details, and the RV tuner and tune from 5Star Tuning
(https://5startuning.com/product/2016...loaded-device/)
Both of these made a night and day improvement in the handling, power and drivability/enjoyment of our ACE 29.2!
3) The factory 12 volt batteries are junk, change over to a couple of Costco or Sams 6 volt (golf cart - GC) batteries and install a Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill RV Edition 2 Battery Kit will make it much easier to maintain your batteries (I updated to 4 golf cart batteries and solar for dry camping..)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum