Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #790
RDC54

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
RDC54,

I took a flashlight out to our 23TR and found the same warp in the cabinet lower trim panel as you show. Not sure mine is quite as bulgy as yours but it is there.
I also found a warp on the back of the closet wall right about the level of the curtain valance. This is just a loose area, it pushes right back into place. There is really nothing to hold it in place unless there is/was glue on the back side.
Due to the fact that these are just very thin non supported trim I have zero concerns. I found no water intrusion anywhere and it has been raining for 2 days and nights. I still think it may be cold and damp temps. As you can see comparing the photos the flash on the camera makes it look worse than it is.

As for the battery readout, I did not know that but I did wonder why when I would plug it in it would instantly show full chttp://www.thorforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14http://www.thorforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14971&stc=1&d=15468991 84970&stc=1&d=1546899184harge.
Mountainsam,
I spoke with Thor customer service today, and described the problem. The customer rep initially said he had no idea why I am having this problem, and that I am the first person he has ever heard of who has had this problem. He then suggested that the problem was likely due to excess humidity. I don’t quite buy this, because two of the walls were warped when we took possession of the brand new camper. Presently the camper is packed full of Damp Rid (slight exaggeration, but only SLIGHT), and none of the containers of Damp Rid had accumulated any moisture. He suggested that I leave the vent slightly cracked open, to allow excess moisture to escape. Anyone else in the snow belt doing this?

About the KIB Monitor, I can’t tell you how many times I would be plugged into shore power, and would use the monitor to “check the batteries”, and think “Great! All charged up!” This is why a manual would come in handy!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum