Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #29
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
Thanks so much. I'd like to speak with you more about the batteries issues & solar. I know the day I had my first visit & drive, the house battery (maybe it was the generator? don't recall) didn't have enough juice to close the slides & we waited about an hour before taking it out on the roads, a freeway, some circle turn lanes & a parking lot. I was fairly comfortable with the driving, the handling sure beats the 5 tons & deuces of my medic days. But I was concerned that the power was too low to close the slides (2) on a new RV. The sales guy & the service dept guy said it wasn't an issue but I felt they weren't comfortable with my questions about batteries, generator, solar possibilities, etc... only part of the day that pinged my spidey sense! I have to go try to sell my subaru forrester right now, I can't dingy tow it, but would love to talk more about this subject, thank you!
During your PDI have them unplug the coach from shore power, then cycle all slides in and out, then attempt to start the generator. If the slides don't work or the generator won't start they need to put new batteries in the coach on the spot. That was my experience with our CW and I was buying a used ACE. They never even hesitated to put new batteries in; I still had the check in my possession.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.