Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Big Foot
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #22
toban

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suites
State: Manitoba
THOR #12662
Bigfoot

I had the factory install the system on our 2017 Siesta 24SR in September. The RV is stored for the winter, but the install went well and took all of 3 hours once they got to my unit. I was on my way by 2 pm that day. They advised against the automatic unit, since the length of my coach is short and the automatic system "hunts" to find the correct level. Easier to start the process and get all four jacks down and then manually work the corners to get level.

I'm very happy with the install and on the Mercedes Chassis they have mounting hardware so that there is no drilling necessary. I had a reason to make the trip from Manitoba to that area and decided to let the experts do the install.

There are still likely to be situations where I might have to place a block under one or more of the feet as the total amount of lift on these isn't enough for extreme situations.

Hmm - LDrider. (you on the list? I'm IBA 258)

Hope that helps.
toban is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum