Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
When I first read your original post I thought it very strange that your measured battery voltage at the Xantrex DC input terminals was 0.5v higher than the Xantrex readout indicated. So if the Xantrex unit is shutting down on its monitor voltage sense level (which it seems to have been doing from day one) then you seem to be losing load operation due to voltage sense errors. Since I don’t own this type of inverter I cannot advise you on if this is normal or not......but I would suggest that either your multimeter is wrong or the Xantrex remote is and it might be worth calling Xantrex tech support and request some assistance/verification. I would think the voltage monitor readings should be the same as the battery input terminal voltage.

Regarding your generator overheat, (not familiar with your specific coach or gen setup), if it is overheating with the Ford engine shut off, I would suspect critters may have nested in the intake air spaces of the generator causing vent blockage or cooling restriction. Also do not run the gen for long periods with the gen (onan) green door removed (affects gen cooling) and your coach gen access door closed or you will find a very hot and possibly warped coach door a while later. Leave the Onan gen (green) door on the unit when running and prop open the coach access door......does the gen still overheat?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum