Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #15
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
If you guys want to see a "Headlight Upgrade" I'll post pics of what I did on our Vegas when I get a chance. It's a little bit of an "upgrade". lol. Teaser- there are 10 separate LED lights on when I put the high beams on. 4 separate lights on when low beams are on. haha.

True story though... Last night I took the Vegas out to see how the new lights worked. I have two of the high power LED's shining towards the sides of the road and they're low enough that I can keep them on even on low beams and not get flashed or blind anyone. So I'm driving in a really dark wooded area last night and just using the low beams. Off to the side of the road I see a big jackrabbit running towards the road. I slam on the brakes (nobody around or behind me) and he runs past the front of the mh about 5 feet from the front wheels.

So since my new lights already saved the life of a bunny, I'm calling those lights my "Bunny Lights". lol.

Oh and don't worry, if there were other cars around I would have run him over rather than slamming on the brakes. My rule is "If it's lower than the windshield, run it over!" Seriously, when I was a kid on an RV trip with my parents we saw a van conversion splayed out on it's side all over Highway 1, right on the edge of a cliff into the ocean. A big old Huey came in to take the injured away, obviously parents with kids since I saw stuffed animals in the wreckage. The CHP that was there told us the guy swerved for an small animal and lost control. Faaaaaaaaak!

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum