Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:09 AM   #8
sforl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
My almost daily barrage of questions! I didn’t get an owners manual with my 2004 Jeep and I’m unsure of the sequence of events I need to do to tow this thing.
It has a 5 speed manual transmission. I believe I’m suppose to turn the key to the accessory position but there are no makers to indicate where the acc position is.
So once I’ve figured that out I think I’m suppose to engage the clutch and put the transfer case in neutral, then shift into gear. 5th gear I guess?? The key remains in the ignition so the steering wheel is allowed to turn?
I have a key to my Acura that allows me to open the doors and put the ignition to acc but it will not allow you to start the car. They told me the key doesn’t have the required chip needed to do so. Is that something I need to have made? Seems like a good idea.
My towing experience has been pulling bumper pull and gooseneck horse trailers. Will a toad track true like a bumper pull or more like a gooseneck?
Sorry for all the questions but the closer I get to leaving for Florida the more I realize I know little to nothing about towing a car!
Advice needed and welcomed!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum