Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
rcflame

Brand: Redwood
State: South Dakota
THOR #65
Overloading Tires.

I have to agree somewhat with what the tire man said. We just traded a 7 yr old Carriage for a Redwood. The Carriage had G614's on it that were about a year old with about 5,000 mi. on them. While checking out the Redwood, I saw that it had Marathon's. I took the GVW of the trailer, figured the total weight capacity of the Marathons, and decided the weight capacity of the tires was to close to the GVW of the trailer. As long as you weren't over the GVW, and the weight was evenly distributed over the four tires, you would be in the safe limits. If either of those n't the case, you were asking for trouble. I had the dealer change out the Marathons for my G614's. The Redwood comes standard with the Marathons and the G614's are an option. They should make the G614's standard.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.