Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Air compressor?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:39 AM   #34
Stevenb2560

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Portable air compressor

Last November we were preparing for a two-week trip to Texas. I decided to purchase an air compressor to take with us on the trip. When we left South Florida the temperatures were in the mid-80s, three days later when we arrived in Texas the temperatures took a dramatic turn down into the mid to upper 20s. Over the next several days we had snow and ice storms! Later that week while preparing the motorhome to leave to head north into Oklahoma I was doing my routine checks to prepare to leave like oil level, lights and tire pressures. Upon checking the tires on the motorhome I discovered that they were about 10-12 pounds lower than normal at about 70-72 psi and the toad tires were about 5 pounds down each or 28 psi. I got out my new Kobalt 12 V/120 V portable air compressor and plugged it into the RV park 120 outlet. I set the digital pressure gauge to 82 PSI and began to fill the tires on the motorhome. I was able to walk away and attend to other duties while preparing the motorhome to leave. The compressor would just shut off when the correct pressure was reached and I would put it on the next tire to be filled. After filling all six tires on the motorhome, approximately five minutes each tire and the four tires on the toad I was quite impressed with the performance of the Kobalt tire pressure gauge! It never slowed down, or overheated while filling 10 tires in a row!
I sure am glad that I purchased this little powerhouse compressor! I may not use it very often, but it is very comforting knowing that I can count on this great little compressor if needed. At about $45.00 it is well worth the price! I’m not sure how well it would work on a RV tire that is almost flat from a leak, but for maintaining correct pressures while traveling, it works great!

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum