Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
2010Thor21RB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 21RB
State: California
THOR #14145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Wow, sound like you have a mess.

Can you just run TWO thermostats? One for the AC and one for the heat? Sound like it would be hard to rewire the OEM location or the new locaton for both.

Does the heat strip for the AC have a small control panel of its own? Not sure how you will wire this heat strip up to the AC and the thermostat... so it might be easier to a have a toggle switch or control knob on the AC cover that you can reach up to turn on as needed?

Hopefully someone else can chime in with some answers. Im just giving you some ideas (dont know if they are "good Ideas" but maybe they will help. lol).
I actually lucked out with moving the Furnace wires from the bed/bath wall to the bed/fridge wall. I just pulled up the bed floorboard and accessed the wires from the back right corner and extended them around the beds hollow space. The big issue now is getting the heat strip to work with everything else. One thing I thought about is the a/c control box has a "W" terminal and it does go to the "W" on the old thermostat and the old thermostat wouldn't do anything with heat until I moved the temp slider above 75 degrees and it would click and run the fan. I wonder since the control box has the plug for the heat strip if it justs gets the signal from the T-stat through the "W" terminal and if thats the case I would just tie the "W" wires from the furnace and the a/c and terminate them on the "W" on the T-stat. Just thinking out loud, not sure if it would work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum