Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #5
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I love mine as well. Im running two 6 volt 220 amh AGM's in my Axis.

This youtube video above is the whole reason I with with this Aims inverter!!

I orginally was going to go with a small inverter (around 600 - 800 watt) and install in the cabinet above the sink so I could plug in the one TV and also my lap top / phones.

But the more I thought about it the more I liked this Aims wired in directly to the recepticals.

The Aims was a much cleaner install (Under the bed - hidden and not taking up valuable space), I can run both inside tv's plus like 4 outlets, no extention cord wires coming out of the cabinet to charge laptop (Like my other configuration would have had), plus it was cheaper than the smaller inverters I was looking at, and has a build in auto transfer switch - the list goes on.

It has been MORE than enough power for me. I dont use the microwave that much and I have NOT tried to hook it up to see if it would work.

I been using Gas on my frig. mostly but I might switch to inverter power only to see how it works in the spring. I want to install up my 12v battery gauge (next to the OEM Thor monitors) so I can watch the 12 v levels. But if your engine is running it should supply more than enough juice so your not draining them while driving down the road.

The surprising bonus for me was the frig receiptial is on the same curcuit as the rest of the non GFI outlets .... so I have a 3 way fridge now (without any additional wiring)! Just have to make sure you turn on the inverter to make it work - even if on gas only.

I also installed the remote switch at the entrance way. It has the one LED light that tells you what is going on and if an errors.
Thanks for the reply..

One question, from what I am seeing all the "handy" recepticles are GFI, so I would need to put both GFI and non-GFI circuits on the transfer switch. Or am I missing something?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum