Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:33 AM   #13
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Your missing the other outlets.

Both inside TV's and the receptials next to the TV (used for like a DVD players) are on the NON GFI. You should have one receiptal under the dinette (if you have one) that is NON GFI.

I added another outlet under my dinnette that is easier to get to plus has built it USB ports. You could do the same - very easy.

My frig is on the NON GFI line.

The one next to the bed might work (I forget).

I would NOT add all outlets to this inverter. Too much for the auto transfer switch? Plus not needed IMO.

What I did was plug into shore power and trip the GFI break off.... now see what still works (or do the opposite and see what DONT work). That will give you an idea what to expect.
One question, do you have to have the inverter "on" for the transfer switch to "work" and pass 120v from Generator or Shore?

Also, thanks for the insite on looking for non-GFI outlets. Was not aware that the two by the bed were non-GFI

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum