Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:47 PM   #21
Calman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
When I started pulling a popup behind my trike I found I needed more tools than the motorcycle tool kit I carried. So, I got a canvas tool bag at HF and dedicated it to the popup. When the GF got a Lil Guy TT I had to get a larger bag AND more tools.

When I got the Vegas I started adding tools then said to myself, "Self you don't need anymore tools. You got duplicates all over the place". A little later, fortunately for me (or unfortunately) my tools were out of the trailer for winter cleaning and "went under" during Hurricane Florence. Brackish saltwater is not good for your tools.

Started from scratch to refurbish the Vegas tools. This time I got the standard 113 piece HF toolkit for the Vegas and just added a few things to a canvas tool bag - tapes, Gorilla glue, wiring connects, small spools of wire, extra long BIC-type fire starters, etc.

Think I got most everything I need for a road trip that fits in the tool kit and canvas bag. If I don't then it's time to pull out the plastic.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum