Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #15
2010Thor21RB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 21RB
State: California
THOR #14145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
You are looking for a “dual fuel” thermostat. It looks like your current t-stat doesn’t have the necessary second W wire, so the other option if you don’t want to get another one is to put a toggle switch on the W instead of splicing them together as you’ve sketched. This is what most of us who’ve done thermostat upgrades have done for the fan to keep the two speed options, as all 24v house thermometers just have 1 fan wire.
I think I will have to put in another switch in like you said. I read into the model of a/c unit I have and it is also a heat pump which is why it has the "W" terminal. I guess the control box determines when to turn on voltage to the strip and it runs the fan with no fan speed control. It doesnt feel like its warm at all coming from the ceiling. I'm not sure if now its a T-stat setting that is incorrect for the system.
Right now I have just the furnace connected to the stat for heat. The thermostat has little jumper clips for either gas/heat or elec/heat, I left the jumper in the gas/heat pins since I read that either the T-stat controls the temp if left in elec/heat and the furnace circuitry controls it if left in Gas/heat. Now I'm just not sure how the whole "heat pump" part works to warm the rig?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum