Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
mjdougherty

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
Shower valve not working - update

I turned off the water source, removed the shower valve and disassembled it, looking for evidence of pluggage.

It turned out that the two poppet valves (on either side of the cartridge) were locked up due to mineral buildup. See attached photo, red circles on poppet valves.

I cleaned up the poppet valve plungers, applied some silicon grease, made sure they moved in/out freely, and reassembled the valves.

When I reapplied water pressure, there were no leaks. Everything looked good.

The shower now runs properly.

NOTE. If you ever store your motorhome in a heated warehouse for more than a couple months, this could be a problem for you. We use a softener at all times, which made me think we'd be safe from this type of problem. Might be the salt in the softened water that caused the buildup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190115_225919.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	15165  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum