Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I wonder why Ford did not install knock sensors on this V10?

If they did .... it sounds like they could extract more power (and/or more MPG) out of the engines and also advertise more HP and or more MPG?

I been thinking of installing a "5 star tune" but they seem over priced to me. Any other good tuners for less $$ that are worth a darn?

Oh yeah, Thanks GM Tech for this info.

You mentioned before that your sound deading make your RV super quiet. Any tips or tricks (other than the obvious) for the rest of us? Any pictures? I think you removed your entire dash for your mods.... what did you install behind it to help with sound?

I have added a ton of insulation to my RV everywhere I could Inside cockpit area and under hood/dog house, under drawers and in access holes etc) but Im always looking for more tips/tricks to make it even better. But im pretty happy with my results so im not going to complain. LOL.
I had a 5-Star tune in my F-350. What you get with the $$ is customer service. If you don't like what the tune is doing just call them and tweak it they'll send you an adjusted one free. They were great (for those of us without the equipment and acumen of gmtech).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.