Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #20
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
I often cool my fridge down the night prior. I have found that at least in the cooler Michigan climate, the fridge will stay safe (not running) for at least a 4 hour trip.

I have an un-level driveway as well, so I deploy my hydraulic levelers to get the rig level.

I carry a cheap spirit level with me, and have calibrated it (put tick marks on it) for both 3Deg and 6Deg, so I know if the coach level is safe enough to run the fridge.

Its my understanding that you can damage the fridge if you run it further than the 3deg/6deg limit - at least if you run it that way for an hour or more. Seems the ammonia can build crystals in the lines when doing so. I have not tempted fate though to see if this is true or not, as I don't want to risk buying a new fridge.
Not sure what the grade is on my driveway here in Ohio but I leave the fridge on 24/7! Have been doing this since 2009 with the old Sunseeker class C and never had a problem!

We also leave the fridge off during long trips and have been driving for 12 hour days while the fridge is being used by my girls enroute and remains cold. Plug it in when we stop overnight!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum