Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #20
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Ok I'm back! Let me see if I can reply to your questions/comments without leaving anyone out

Did I answer everybody? What is the 5 Star tune going for these days? $400? That's exactly what the HPTuners hardware and license to tune one vehicle costs. Both are WELL WORTH the money, believe me. Just different approaches for different people. There's a ton of potential in these engines though. I'm showing an increase of almost 80 ft/lbs of torque in my tune. I think even 5 Star claims 70 or something. They're pretty drastically detuned and it's pretty easy to wake them up.
Just a couple more questions, if you would, sir.
I like what you are saying and my interest for this upgrade/tune is piqued.

Where do I look to find someone to perform this, HPTune, or is it a 5 star tune search?
Ford dealer or Camping World?
Or,
Is this HPTuner something for the do it yourselfer?
Need a laptop and minimum OS?

I dread the thought of getting this delivered, installing myself, reading the procedure how to's for weeks, only to find that I did something that now it won't run good enough to get out of these mountains where I live.

Thanks again, and please enlighten me, it is greatly appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.