Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #20
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
This is that I have at the steps. The main power light stays on when plugged into shore power regardless of the switch.

Attachment 15172

There’s this one by the batteries...

Attachment 15173

...and this one in under the hood...

Attachment 15174
Leave it to Thor to take an already confusing issue (USE/STORE) switch and make it more confusing in the class Cs with the MAIN POWER switch/light, and then move it to the class As as well.

That is not "MAIN POWER". It simply connects/disconnects your house batteries to the 12 VDC buss.
The light just indicates there is power on the 12 VDC buss; the light doesn't care if the 12 VDC is coming from the converter or the house batteries - same with your STATUS CENTER battery button. That's why you will always get 4 lights when plugged in.

The bottom 2 pictures show breakers, not switches. If no flag is showing they should be closed and good (no reset required).

Follow my previous post; I say charge your batteries first because they may not have enough voltage to "turn on" your MAIN POWER switch if they are completely dead. Your converter is working as demonstrated by the 4 lights when testing your battery on SP, but it may not be able to charge a completely dead battery even if you did get the MAIN POWER turned on before charging the house batteries.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.