Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #31
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
"Hung up" might not be the best choice of words, but you're probably right about the chances of having an issue. My biggest "question mark" is buying something that needs so much modification right out the chute...chassis and engine. But...what other options are available??? Not many. "gmtech" needs to start an after market shop in Elkhart where finished units are delivered to him before final destination at dealers. Customers can opt to have all these mods added before they get it...like 4X4 on a power equipment truck. There seems to be a good market for it and the forums would do a great job selling it.
lol. Yeah, I'd love to do that. But unfortunately I'm smart enough to realize what would happen. Everything I'd have to do would be "Modifying". So somebody has a failure that may or may not have anything to do with what I did, they sue me and my company, and I lose everything and go out of business.

Nope, I'll pass. haha. Thanks for the thought though!

The other side of it is people are inherently cheap. You guys are talking about spending ~$400 or $550 on something that with 30 seconds worth of "work" gives you a possible 70 ft/lbs of torque. That's amazing in the vehicle modding world, or any engine modding world. And how much would the average RV buyer want to spend for what I did to our Vegas? An additional $10k? Maybe. Too bad that wouldn't even pay for half the materials I put into the 4 months of "rebuilding" our Vegas took. I'd have to charge an additional $50k to deliver a Vegas like mine. You wanna pay ~$130k for my Vegas? Not too much market there.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum