Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #36
MichFigs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #9701
"5 Star tune... I've never been a fan of "canned" tunes, but they've got two things going for them. One is that this ECM and it's engine and trans calibrations are super simple and basic, so there's not much to really screw up. Second is that these engines haven't really changed in quite a while, and they're all almost identical in their use. That's an easy tune to build and sell. For those of you that are thinking about it, I'd say for 90% of the V10 owners out there looking for an aftermarket tune, it's the right solution."

Thanks gmtech16450yz for your wealth of information, not the greatest mechanic but I can turn a wrench and good at listening to the experts! Was planing on doing this in the spring before we go on a long trip anyway & kudos to you for explaining the advantages of this tuning thing! Am in the 90% group, so where is the best place to purchase this unit and still make sure that the unit will be covered under some kind of a warranty? The price at 5 Star's website currently at $549 or should I order from my local "real auto parts store". Thank you for all your input on this subject.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum