Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2019 Chateau
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Bum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22B
State: Florida
THOR #14231
2019 Chateau

I picked up my new Chateau 22B today and was pleasantly surprised. In reading lots of negative reviews on various sites about Thor I was expecting the worst. I went over this first with the salesman who I told a few days ago that if there were issues that required me coming back for repairs I would not buy it. He went through it then a found 4 or 5 issues that he had taken care of, I went through it again with him and found only some little paint chips on the cabinets and a scratch on the bathroom wall. I told him I would prefer fixing the paint chips myself so not a biggie, I can cover the scratch with a small hand towel holder so no problem there. I then tested to the best of my ability everything from the dump tank to the AC and all was well so I went in and settle up with the paper work lady. I then had my walk through for about an hour and it went great, he found a bubble in the vinyl flooring just behind the passenger seat and it really cannot be seen so not going to worry about it. I have bought many RV's over the years, I"m 72, and this one has less defects at this point than any of the others including 5 Pleasure-way class b's. I realize it's early and things are going to happen but for the price of these 22B's I'm very pleased, this was discounted to a point that I didn't even ask for any further discount. Drove it home, 1-1/2 hours, no problems, steering and handling was as expected and I could even hear the radio. One wind caused rattle in the escape window by the dinette which I'll look at tomorrow and that was it. I'm sure I'll be asking questions here as time goes by but hopefully only advice requests. Glad to be part of the group.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum