Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:50 AM   #7
Junodtim

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantrum RC25
State: California
THOR #14016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junodtim View Post
2019 quantum rc25 - Brand New - all gas appliances work, except for the exterior BBQ port.
1. The dealer measures 4 inches of pressure, which he says is sufficient. I later read that RV Propane Regulators are set at 11 inches of pressure.
2. I have from camping world new LP Hose 12' item # 86731, and low pressure grill item # 90198. I left BBQ grill installed with coupler valves open on RV and hose for an hour, when I try to ignite the stove I get poof of a flame then it goes out. I tested the grill on a portable propane tank, and the grill works. And Yes, all the valves on the connectors were open.
3. I removed the LP outside BBQ valve and no noticeable LP comes out. I found the propane line manifold, but don't want to touch it.
4. I followed instructions to reset the regulator, disconnect regulator from propane tank and open cook top burners for two minutes then reconnected regulator.
5. No improvement to BBQ grill function. All other appliances work - cook top, furnace, refrigerator, on-demand hot water heater.
Do I have a faulty regulator?
I found the problem today. I'll try to explain. Under the bathroom sink there is a 5"×5" hole going right under the raised toilet floor. Through this hole is a 4" heater duct to bedroom, two 1-1/2" ABS grey water pipes, two propane lines to BBQ port & on demand water heater. The hose for the water heater would slip left and right. The hose for the BBQ was PINCH CLOSED. I wedged two plastic shims between the wall and ABS pipe to give room for both gas lines to slip. I squeezed the crimp in hose open and tested BBQ grill up to 500 degrees. Now I'm contemplating how to deal with the damaged hose?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0119191431_Film4.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	15213  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.