Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 05:16 AM   #44
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Yes Bob I did disconnect positive cable because I was having the same problem as Rev. There is always a debate pos or neg when discussing disconnects. Im not in any way a mechanic but always believed neg should be disconnected. Read below why I did pos cable

Ok Rev heres how it works. I called the company that makes the BIM Great help!!! Because I thought it was bad but after speaking to tech found it was working correctly. By the way the BIM is warranted for 5 years. THe tech walked me through several steps to determine it was fine. If bad he would have sent a new one and they dont need the old bad one sent back to them.

It was explained that the BIM connects house and chassis batteries together. When the BIM senses no power from the house, cables removed, so it draws from the chassis battery

BIM tech said to disconnect pos cable that goes to the breaker/fuse box. On the 29m the breaker/fuse panel is at the foot of the bed. Called Thor to figure out which of the numerous cables in the batter compartment this was This cable on the class a's is the one going to the 50 amp fuse bus in the battery compartment

THere are 3 fuse buses in the battery compartment. They are the ones with the yellow flags that drop out when they are blown. Two are 100 amp, 1 for jacks and gen the other for invertor. The last bus is a 50 amp. It powers the power panel. WHere all the breakers and coach fuses are. By disconnecting the pos cable running to this 50 amp bus you kill all power going to the coach.

The BIM can still read the voltage of the batteries so it will not direct power from the chassis.

I was confuse as hell when I had power with both neg cables removed. Even called Thor and they had no answer. Im sure glad the BIM tech knew his product and was able to help

And before everybody slams the Thor tech I was kind of pissed and frustrated and may not have explained the problem very well. I have had great help from Thor techs and from my experience would never complain about them. Hey they were able to tell me which cable to disconnect.

While typing this I went to the mh and took a pic of the 50 amp fuse bus on my cell Ill post it in a minute

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum