Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
NewAxisOwner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
...for the janky, junky Axxera (specifically the rear camera function) in my ACE. I like to keep an eye on my toad and view traffic around me, but the slightest (and I mean the SLIGHTEST) bump in the road causes the camera to black out. I then resort to reaching under the dash to wiggle cords or just hammer away at the dash with my fist...often with mixed results.
I’ve tried replacing the yellow RCA style video cable, I had Thor send me a new video switcher box, I’ve tried zip-tying the cables under the dash to keep them as immobile as possible; all to no avail! I’m somewhat OCD about having this camera functional at all times. Help!
I haven't driven my Axis yet (waiting for dealer to call me to come pick it up for my various warrany issues), but I noticed while checking radio wires on mine that some wires were loose in their crimps. Personally, all I use are (see attached) and will re-do mine when I get it back from the dealer.

I also use a Wagner handheld heater and it works perfectly under dashboards. This may help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solder.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	15216   Click image for larger version

Name:	solder2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	15217  

Click image for larger version

Name:	wagner1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	15218  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum