Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #20
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druff View Post
Actually AGM do need to be equalized just like water batteries. When we got our coach one of the two year old batteries was not reading as high as the others. I contacted Lifeline and was told to run an equalize session or two and the low one came right back to where it was supposed to be.
Well I dont think the AGM need to be equalized as much as LA from what I have read. Some dont do it at all and they seem to be fine with it. AGM dont like to be boiled as long as the LA battieries....thats why I purchased the Progressive Dynamics 4655 converter (I have not installed it yet - been too cold and no weekend time for me).

PD says they equalize the LA and AGM every 21 hours for 10 minutes. That way its not too hard on the AGM and over time It will keep the batteries from sulfating.

I afraid the OEM single stage converter that is on my Axis will boil my batteries to death so I been use it very sparing until I get my new converter hooked up.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum