Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
mjdougherty

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
Thor Tuscany microwave vent

Does anyone out there have a Tuscany motorhome with a microwave vent fan that truly vents to the outside?

My 2016 Tuscany 45AT has an outside vent in line with the microwave oven, but the oven fan blows upwards against the ceiling of the slide. It is necessary to run the ceiling fan to try and exhaust cooking vapors.

The microwave installation manual show the oven can be mounted two ways, one for external vent and one for internal vent.

I don't know why Thor would go to the trouble of installing the outside vent and then install my microwave so that the fan blows back inside.

Doesn't make sense.

Has anyone ever corrected this problem on their own? Was it difficult? Did you pay someone else to do it? How expensive was it?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum