Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
My Hurricane was doing the same and this is what I did.

I figured it was due to the full side slide being so heavy it was putting stress on the rig when it was out (making the RV off level) - even though the rig was leveled on the hydraulic jacks (This sounds like you problem too).... To compensate, I re calibrated the jacks to read level when it was a little off - to the right (psg) side. Now when the jacks are down and the slide is out - the level I place on the floor reads perfect level (the weight of the slide is pulling the RV level) and the door opens and closes with one finger!

I would definitely try this before I started beating on your expensive RV with a hammer!!!!!

Darren,

Your solution makes too much sense!

My Hurricane 34E's door is sticky, depending on how it's leveled. When it's on the wheels, the door is fine. And sometimes, if I get lucky after leveling, it's fine. I have occasionally experimented with the level button to force-flex the coach box a little until the door doesn't stick.

But, calibrating the leveling system where the door doesn't stick is sheer genius!

I also prefer not to bash in the door frame or strike plate with a hammer! I'd probably end up with a gap big enough for mosquitos to enter!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum