Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1Z View Post
I have found that you need to retract it when it is dry to avoid the streeking and leaves. If you retrack when it is wet you will need to open it up as soon as possible to dry it out. I have used Dawn and a soft brush on a stick to clean the bottom and it works well.
not disagreeing at all...sound advice of course.... & I always make a point to do.
but even when I roll mine up bone dry it still gets wet while rolled up. There's enough leakage...either through the seam, through the ends, or less likely through the fabric itself.... that when i unroll it after being stored for any length of time it will be dripping wet. Seems to be primarily the first few wraps because that's where the majority of the staining happens.
It's a loosing battle.

As far as cleaning, I think it partially depends on what the dirt or stain actually is. Mildew or mold is different form oak tree residue, etc...
and I will say that one on our old popup camper's awning I had tried everything I could come up with to clean with varying degrees of incomplete success...then I tried some "awning cleaner" spray I think made by thetford and that stuff cleaned it like nothing else!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.