Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2019 Chateau
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:14 PM   #10
Bum

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 22B
State: Florida
THOR #14231
I found my first flaw, water leak in the wall from the shower lines. I was not sure how to fix this so I went over today and removed the faucet side of the enclosure as there is no access panel unless you remove the bedroom wall which I was not about to tackle. The cold water line was not hand tight to the inlet and it was a simple 10 second fix that should not have been required. Although the fix was simple removing the enclosure was not, it took over an hour for me to figure it out, this is held together with double sided tape, a few plastic anchors which were very hard to get out, and silicone caulk that I had to cut bottom to top and across the top, the final piece holding it all together is the shower curtain rod, not a very sturdy set up at all. Now that I fixed the leak I am waiting to see if the dealer will send me the anchors as I can't match them up anywhere so the wall will remain loose until such time that I get them. If any of you know what these are called I would appreciate your posting it so I can try the Internet. Much better than driving it back to the dealer and waiting for them to fix it then another trip back to get it. This fix at most will cost me $5.00 and a few hours of my time vs 20 plus gallons of gas and 7 or 8 hours of my time to run two vehicles back and forth to the dealer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum